Whew! We have made it home from Plexus Freedom convention 2014. I am a bit weary and tired but I OVERLY excited and fired up. I wanted to blog the entire time we were gone but our schedule was so crazy full that it just couldn't happen. I like to devote at least some time, thought, and effort to the things I write and there was just no way to do that this weekend. My brain was on overload from the moment we stepped foot into the Omni Dallas Hotel to get registered and pick up our goodie bags. So I waited until now... 9 pm on Sunday night, we have barely been home an hour, hour and a half, and I go back to the "real" job in the morning. Yeah... my brain is still not fully functioning so bare with me y'all! If I get to rambling and not making much since just scroll on down to the comments section and tell me to hush up and try again later!!
Anywho, let's get on with it! The one thing that is really sticking in my mind right now as I think of what I should write about first is this, "Stars are born at events, but you can't be born if you're not there." This was said by one of our wonderful CEOs at convention this year. It really struck a chord with me. I have heard this phrase, "stars are born at events", a thousand times, but I guess I was only half listening. You see, I didn't go to convention last year. I had 1,000 excuses and it doesn't really matter which reason it was that let me justify not going, but I didn't go. So over the last year every time I heard this phrase I would try to make myself feel better again by saying "oh, what do they know? I didn't go last year and I'm still going to be a star."
However... I will never say that ever, ever again. Instead, I will now say... stars are born at events and you can't be born if you're not there! SO BE THERE!!! No matter what business you are in, what type of MLM, if you're in Plexus with me or another company, if you're in my downline, my upline, or my way-over-there-line, listen to me when I say this; Never, NEVER, NEVER, miss another big event that your company hosts... EVER. I mean it. BE THERE, for every event, every time.
This weekend I was allow to be a part of hours upon hours of FREE network marketing/MLM training. I got to listen to the very best network marketing guru on the planet talk to us about going all in, honing your skills, WORKING your business for all it's worth, and the importance of attending events. Then I got to hear all about our company being featured in a highly acclaimed magazine that is on news stands today but because I was at convention I was able to get my hands on some of these magazines to use as marketing tools to further my business. THEN I got to listen to the best motivational speaker I have ever seen/heard before in my life, who also happens to have made a fortune in sales and bestowed upon us some INCREDIBLE tips and information to further our businesses [because he loooooooves us].
The things I heard and learned and experienced this weekend are PRICELESS and will add immeasurable value to my business and my future. Being at convention and hearing these things first hand, learning them for myself, far surpasses learning it after the fact from my upline or fellow ambassadors when they come home. Of course my upline held a training last year after convention, of course she gave us all the info and tips and notes she had taken there. And did I learn any thing from it? Well, sure I did. But did I get all fired up, put it into practice, take the ball and run with it, or skyrocket my business with any of it? Well, no, now that ya mention it, I didn't.
This year I heard and learned and experienced it all for myself and I am going to skyrocket all the way to the moon. This year I am fired up, I am motivated, I am ON FIRE. I have so much info that I am about to put into practice. I am going to practice what I've learned. I am going to take the ball and run with it. I am going to the very TOP! I am making a decision and a goal for myself right now. Right here, in writing, so every one who ever reads this will know. By this time next year I WILL be high enough and making enough money that I will not be worried about going back to any old "real" job the Monday after convention. I am putting my nose to the grindstone, I am putting every thing else on hold, I am committing myself right now to working my BUTT OFF this whole next year to get where I want to be. I am doing my THANG!! Who's with me??
No comments:
Post a Comment